As most people read this blog on their Kindles, I thought it appropriate to send out to the members of the blog. As I will be sending this to each of my blogs, if you get it more than once you won’t hurt my feelings by deleting it!
Amazon is running another “Local Deal” today for the Kindle Fire by giving you a $30 off voucher plus a $5 voucher for instant videos to be watched on a Kindle Fire or your TV and, if past history is any judge, I would imagine this deal will be gone quickly (remember when they discounted the regular e-Ink Kindle to $49 – that was over by mid-afternoon of the day of the event).
With a one-year warranty, that makes the price of a brand new Kindle Fire just $164 vs. the price of a refurbished Fire being $169. Basically, Amazon is taking off an additional $35 on the price of a new Fire but there is a catch – the additional $35 is for today only.
If you know of someone who has been wanting a Kindle Fire but couldn’t justify the expense, why not pass these instructions on to them? If you have been wanting a Kindle Fire for yourself or as a gift for someone, I would recommend jumping on this one fast.
In order to get the $30 off voucher and the $5 movie credit, here is what you need to do:
- Go to the Amazon Local deal by clicking here or typing in http://bit.ly/KoFD4t into your computer’s web browser. You need to go to this specific page to get your voucher – the voucher is free, but they are limited in quantities and are offered for today only, and you have until June 15th to redeem the voucher.
- Click on the “Get Voucher” icon on the right-hand side of the screen.
- If you are not signed into Amazon, you will need to sign in with your email address and password for the Amazon website.
- You will be taken to a check out screen: while they ask you to confirm your billing information as linked to your Amazon account, you will notice the price is zero. Click on the “Place Your Order” icon in the lower right-hand corner.
- You will next be taken to a confirmation page, but you can then click on the “Your Vouchers” icon in the top right-hand corner of this confirmation web page. It may take a minute to generate the code – keep pressing your browser’s refresh button (it took about 30 seconds for me).
- Click on the “View Code” icon to the right of the voucher’s details.
- A new window will open up with your code. Copy that code down with your mouse or write it down on a piece of paper.
- Go to the Kindle Fire page by clicking here or typing in http://amzn.to/kindlefiretablet into your computer’s web browser. Once on this page, click “Add to Cart” and proceed to checkout. Don’t click the 1-click option as you need to perform a step after the “Add to Cart” option.
- On the “Review Your Order” page, enter your voucher code in the “Gift Cards & Promotional Codes” field, and complete checkout.
- That’s it!
For the $5 instant video credit, Amazon will email you a promotional code 72 hours after the Kindle Fire ships. You will have until August 31st to use this $5 credit.
Hope that helps!
Want to have this blog sent wirelessly to your Kindle vs. reading it on your computer? Try out the free two-week subscription! Click here for the Amazon page for Free Kindle Books Plus a Few Other Tips or type in http://www.tinyurl.com/fkblog into your computer’s web browser.